The Galileo is an iOS controlled robotic 360 degree Pan-and-Tilt platform for iPhones which has already exceeded its funding goal on Kickstarter.
Galileo gives iOS devices endless possibilities of remote-controlled motion. Capable of infinite 360° pan-and-tilt at speeds up to 200° per second in any orientation, Galileo is an invaluable tool to everyone from an amateur photographer to the professional cinematographer, and vastly improves the experience of video chat for anyone needing to stay connected.
● Infinite 360° panning and tilting rotation. 200° per second pan-and-tilt speeds.
● Remotely controlled from your iPad, iPhone, or web browser. Swipe your finger across the screen or move your mouse to control the movement of the Galileo and your device.
● SDK (software developers kit) for app development. Freedom to integrate Galileo functionality into existing apps or to create entirely new apps built around the movement capabilities of Galileo. Or build software to integrate the Galileo with other hardware (e.g. camera rails).
● Outfitted with a standard tripod screw, the Galileo can be mounted on any tripod.
● Fabulous charging station for your iPhone or iPod. Charges your device while plugged in (USB cable included).
● Rechargeable Lithium polymer battery lets you use your Galileo anywhere.
There's 22 days left for this project and it has raised over doubled the necessary funding. You can pledge $85 to get one Galileo in your choice of black or white. It's compatible with iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, and iPod Touch 4th generation and up. The retail value is expected to be $129.95.