Requires iOS 5 or higher
Requires iPad device
Quasar is (the very first) window manager for iPad! Now you can run apps in windows, on your iPad! Simply open any application and it will be opened in a window, just like in your computer. Quasar is integrated to iOS's default app switcher (double pressing home button). Killing an application in app switcher (or holding the close button) kills its window and the application itself, but if you only click the close button, the window is closed but the application keeps running in background (in the app switcher).
It is integrated too with notification center and with Safari/App Store/YouTube/links that opens other apps.
iPhone applications are optimized to run in the right resolution in Quasar.
Configure options from Settings app
In this version:
- Fixed bug when apps go to full-screen filling the wrong screen area (stretching)
- Implemented external bluetooth keyboard support
- Implemented an option (in Settings) to block windows to be dragged/resized out of screen bounds
- Fixed laggy scroll/touch in windows (and in full-screen mode) when the iPad is in Landscape Left orientation
- Fixed Cydia orientation (upside down) when in Landscape
- Fixed "Open in Safari/App Store" bug when Quasar is disabled in Settings
- Fixed black-screen on Mail when opening it a second time
- The window of a crashed application is now being removed
- Fixed bugs with iPhone applications "zoomed"
- Implemented RetinaPad support